About the Author
Joli Ballew is a writer and graphic artist who uses Photoshop in her own screen printing business, North Texas Graphics. The Dallas resident has written Learn Arts & Letters EXPRESS 7: The Official Guide along with several books on Adobe Photoshop, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. She also writes for the Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone and has written for Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine.
Adobe Photoshop 7.0 is one of the most popular graphics applications available, offering a wide array of tools, print options, and file type compatibilities, and is suitable for use in a variety of industries. Designed specifically for those in the screen printing and graphic arts fields, Photoshop 7.0 for Screen Printers presents everything a screen printer needs to know about this comprehensive application. Beginning with an overview of the toolbox, menu bar, and palettes, the book then focuses on topics such as creating artwork and logos, acquiring images from clients, importing and exporting images, and working with clip art and special effects.
* Describes step by step everything you need to know about industry-specific topics including creating and printing spot color separations, process color separations, indexed color separations, and simulated process color separations.
* Details the differences between specialty films and vellums, inkjet and PostScript printers, and when and why to use them.
* Clearly explains the pros and cons of using spot color, process color, sublimation, heat transfers, and other printing technologies.
* Offers pointers on creating images and logos best suited for screen printing, offset printing, and other printing technologies.
* This one-of-a-kind guide to Photoshop 7.0 is a must-have for those in the printing industry who depend on Photoshop for creating their images.
The companion CD contains images, logos, templates, and other files used in the projects discussed throughout the book.